National Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine
The National Environmental Investment Agency of Ukraine is the central executive body guided and coordinated by the Minister of Environmental Protection of Ukraine under the governance of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
NEIA shall act under the Constitution (254ê/96-ÂÐ) and laws of Ukraine, orders of the President of Ukraine and the regulations of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, adopted in accordance with the Constitution (254ê/96-ÂÐ) and laws of Ukraine, regulations of the Cabinet of Ministries of Ukraine, this Statute as well as the orders of the Minister of Environmental Protection of Ukraine.
The Agency shall provide for and monitor the execution of the official regulations within its authority, summarize the experience regarding the execution of the respective laws, develop the proposals for its improvement and submit them to the Minister of Environmental Protection of Ukraine.
NEIA has the following main responsibilities:
- to participate in establishing and providing for the execution of the state national investment policy in the environmental protection sector area as well as and the state policy in the field of regulation of anthropogenic adverse negative impact on climate change;
- to execute the provisions set in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (955_044) and implement the mechanisms of the Kyoto Protocol including implementation of greenhouse gases (GHG) mitigation projects, attracting investments to the environmental protection;
- to establish and ensure the operation of the national system for the assessment of the GHG emissions and absorption.
NEIA has the right to:
- receive the information, documents and materials required for fulfilling its responsibilities from the central and local authorities, local governments, enterprises, institutions and organizations in due course;
- engage the specialists from the central and local authorities, enterprises, institutions and organizations with the consent of their management in the consideration of issues within its capacity;
- hold the meetings on the issues within its authority in due course;
- establish interagency committees, expert and consultancy councils and working groups with the approval of other central authorities;
- upon its designation, represent the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine before international organizations and while concluding international agreements in the name of Ukraine;
- found printed media and perform publishing activities in order to cover the issues within its authority;
- adopt mutual regulations with other central and regional authorities if needed.
Phone: +380 445 949 111
35th Urytskogo Street,
Agricultural products and services in Ukraine
Natural resources available in Ukraine