The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute
The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute (PEWI) is a multidisciplinary research institute which realizes fundamental and applied research works, develops technologies, materials, equipment and control systems, rational welded structures and weldments, methods and equipment for diagnostics and non-destructive quality control according to the following directions:
- Advanced technologies of welding and joining of materials;
- Strength, reliability and life of welded structures;
- Technology of surfacing, coating and treatment of surface;
- Processes of special electrometallurgy;
- New structural and functional materials;
- Technical diagnostics and non-destructive testing;
- Automation of processes of welding and related technologies;
The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute is a highly-qualified research staff, including 70 Dr.of Techn. Sci., 250 Cand.of Techn. Sci. Departments and laboratories of the Institute are equipped with up-to-date research and measuring-analytical equipment.
The Institute is headed by academician Paton Boris Evgenievich, the world-famous scientist.
The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute is a corporative member of the International Institute of Welding (IIW) and European Welding Federation (EWF).
The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute fulfils the orders of domestic and foreign partners according to the following directions:
- conductance of research works;
- scientific-technical consultations;
- scientific-technical and analog expertise of projects, structures and technologies;
- training and attestation of scientific and engineering staff workers;
- conductance of designing works for the creation of specialized equipment and fixture;
- rendering engineering assistance in transfer of new technologies, equipment, inspection and control systems;
- conductance of standard and special tests of welded joints;
- certification of structures, technologies, materials and equipment by national and international standards;
- providing scientific-technical and reference-bibliographic information;
- realizing export-import operations ( via INPAT company at PWI).
The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute - is a head organization of the Scientific-Technical Complex
"The E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute" of NAS of Ukraine (STC PWI), which includes Design-Technological Bureau, Engineering Centers of high technologies, pilot workshops on explosion welding and treatment, and also a powerful production facility in the form of three pilot plants manufacturing welding equipment, consumables and using new technologies, which are capable to design, manufacture and deliver the pilot samples and batches of specialized equipment, welding and filler materials, welded structures and weldments.
Phone: +380 442 876 779
11th Bozhenko Street,
Education available in Ukraine
Equipment | tools made in Ukraine
Construction | Builders in Ukraine