Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
The University of Lviv is the oldest university in Ukraine, established in 1661. The university, one of the leading national Universities in training experts for education, research and industry in Ukraine, was renamed for the great national Ukrainian writer, poet, and statesman, Ivan Franko (1856-1916). The University was granted the prestigious status of "National" on 11 October 1999. It was awarded the highest, fourth level of accreditation by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (Certificate No.149740 of 13 Dec 2003).
The University is also licensed by the Ministry for teaching international students (License No.328968 of 30 Aug 2007).
Students can obtain academic degrees offered by the University's 18 Faculties/Schools:
- Applied Mathematics and Informatics (Informatics, Applied Mathematics, Social Informatics, System Analysis and Control)
- Biology (Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Genetics, Microbiology, and Virology)
- Chemistry (Chemistry)
- Culture and Arts (Bibliology, Librarian Science and Biblography, Culturology)
- Economics (Economic Theory, Economic Cybernetics, Information Systems in Management, Economic Statistics, Economics of Enterprise, Finances, Accounting and Audit, Banking, Taxation)
- Electronics (Radiophysics and Electronics, Physical and Biomedical Electronics, Applied Physics)
- Foreign Languages (English, French, German and Spanish Language and Literature, Translation (English-Ukrainian), English Language (Classical Philology))
- Geography (Geography, Economic and Social Geography, Management of Institutions (Tourism, Ecology), Ecology and Environment Protection)
- Geology (Geology, Geochemistry and Mineralogy, Ecology and Environment Protection) - History (History, Ethnology, Archival Science, Archeology, Sociology)
- Journalism (Journalism)
- Philology (Ukrainian Language and Literature, Bulgarian Language and Literature, Polish Language and Literature, Slovak Language and Literature, Russian Language and Literature, Folkloristics, Persian Language and Literature, Arabic Language and Literature, Japanese Language and Literature)
- International Relations (International Economic Relations, International Information, International Relations, International Law, Area Studies)
- Law (Law)
- Mechanics and Mathematics (Mechanics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Philosophy (Culturology, Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology)
- Physics (Physics, Physics of Solid State, Astronomy)
- Pre-university Training Department.
They offer majoring in 111 specialities.
Language of instruction at the IFNU is Ukrainian. Study at the department chosen will be preceded by prerequisite courses at the IFNU preparatory school during 10 months.
Phone: +380 322 964 709
1st Universitetska Street,
Education available in Ukraine