Anytime is a great time to visit Carpathian Mountains and stay with Villa Maria! When you feel the need for a change, the beauty of the four seasons in Villa Maria will make all the difference in your attitude.
In a spring time just imagine the flora in the woods, the great variety of wildflowers, the whitewater streams, lively waterfalls, and wildlife.
Summer is a favorite time because the kids are out of school and it’s traditional to vacation in the summer when both flora and fauna are at their peak. The mountain temperatures are slightly cooler and enjoyment of the Carpathian Mountains is at the optimum.
Fall season attracts visitors who will appreciate the explosion of color that comes when Mother Nature exposes the brilliant colors that remain after the chlorophyll is gone due to cooler temperatures. There is not a sweeter moment in the Mountains than when the crisp, cool air greets the sun as it rises over the Carpathian Mountains.
Winter is a marvelous time in the Carpathian Mountains. There many ski lifts around Villa Maria and there is something to do for every one!
For your rest we have three separate wooden cottages and four floors main building situated on 2 hectare of beautiful landscape. Our friendly staff will guide you to make your stay as pleasing as possible.
The best one day expedition is "Golden Ring Gutsulschiny" which included sightsee of:
- Village Dora (Monastery of Prophet Elias)
- City Kolomyia (Eggs Museum and Ethnographic Museum)
- City Kosiv (visiting the historic city center, dinner in the famous Ukrainian restaurant)
- Town Snidavka (where is a giant statue of the Great Mother - the Goddess Lada, foremother of Slavic Peoples, swim in waterfalls)
- Town Kryvorivnya (Museum Hrushevsky and Franko )
- Town Verkhovyna (museum of musical instruments and antique gutsulskih dresses collected by Roman Kumlika)
- City Vorokhta - Town Yablunitzia