Ukrainian Center of Environmental and Water Projects
Ukrainian Center of Environmental and Water Projects (UCEWP) is the Ukrainian company specializing in R&D, Consulting, and Software Development. Its team emerged in 1986 as a unit within Branch of Environmental System Analyses of the Institute of Mathematical Machines and Systems Problems (IMMSP) of National Academy of Science of Ukraine for the simulation of radionuclide transport in surface and subsurface water after the Chernobyl accident.
Models and codes developed by UCEWP were successfully used for the development of Chernobyl Emergency Preparedness and Response System as well as for the development of several EU decision support systems for offsite nuclear emergency (RODOS, POSEIDON).
During last decade the team diversifies its activities developing the modeling tools for the number of the environmental management and environmental emergency problems, implementing both its own .in house. models and the free distributed models from different sources.
UCEWP has been formally re-established as a legal entity in 1999 by the Academy of Technological Sciences of Ukraine and by the scientists from IMMSP to involve the experts in information technologies, radiation safety, environmental & health risk assessment, environmental engineering, ecology, hydrology, oceanography, meteorology, river and marine hydraulics, environmental and water management into the national and international interdisciplinary projects in the following fields:
- Water objects modeling and management (Watershed Hydrology and Ecohydrology; Hydrothermodynamics of lakes, reservoirs, estuaries, seas; Water Quality Modeling; Groundwater contamination; Flood forecasting; Coastal areas hydrodynamics (including coastal erosion) and coastal areas water quality modeling).
- Risk Assessment/Risk management (Decision support systems for nuclear emergency and environmental/water management; Radionuclide transport in water systems; Risk Assessment; Environmental & Health).
- Meteorology (Meteo forecasting; Urban meteorology, air pollution).
- Development of computational models (River and Marine Computational Hydraulics; Algorithms Engineering for Environmental Data Processing).
- Environmental Software Development (System Development & Integration . DSS for environmental and emergency management; Data Analyses and Visualization; DB & GUI ; GIS; Web services).
Phone: +380 445 263 615
42nd Prospect Glushkova,
Agricultural products and services in Ukraine
Natural resources available in Ukraine